July 1, 2022
Patch Notes - v0.4.2
This update includes Monster Traits, new Medicine abilities, Bleed wound changes, along with bug fixes and
balance changes in response to the previous update.
Save files from v0.4.1 are compatible.
Monster Traits are small icons that appear when right-click inspecting a monster to give extra detail about
what that entity can do. Hover an icon to see details.
- Added 21 traits and icons, which will show up on all creatures.
- The monster detail box now also shows current status effects.
- Added new effect "Speed Matching" - monsters with this trait speed up their attacks and movement speed
to match faster opponents.
- Gave "Speed Matching" to Null Champion, Ravager, Bandit Slayer, and Bandit Mauler.
The medicine skill needed some more abilities to make it an appealing option to invest in.
- Added sound effects for medicine: Bandage, Tea, Forest Tea, Thawing Ointment, Skin Cream, Shadewood
Mixture, Soothing Balm, Healing Lotion, and First Aid Kit.
- New Medicine Abilities: "Careful Tending", "Cauterize Wound", and "Apply Pressure" .
- New Medicine Recipe: "Long-lasting Antidote".
- Tweaked level requirements and focus point costs for other Medicine abilities.
Bleed wounds have been separated into two stages, starting off as "Bleed (Severe)" which deal 2 damage per
turn, but turn into regular "Bleed" wounds after 10 turns, which deal significantly less damage.
Overall, bleed wounds will now deal more damage up front and last longer, but deal a similar amount of damage
Wounds were always meant to be an on-going annoyance that had the possibility to get out of hand once you
had to many. Before, you were incentivized to always deal with a bleed wound right away.
With this change, there is more of an option to let the bleed wound sit for longer, while still making
bleeds an effective tool during combat,
- Added tip text "hold alt to compare" at the bottom item tooltips, where a comparable item is equipped.
- Removed "Exhausted" status effect. Starting your turn with 0 energy no longer has any negative effect.
- Tweaked how several stats display removing the word "Multiplier" and changing them to display as percents.
For example, "Missing Health Multiplier" is now "Missing Health Damage" and will display as +5% instead
- Monster abilities "Scorpion Stab" and "Bee Sting" now have a chance to miss.
- Prevent temples from spawning too close to the starter temple; prevent temples from spawning right next
- Reduce the chance of rings appearing in barrels; remove ring drop change from crates.
- Reduce the number of rings and amulets found in shops.
- Increase ghost curse chance.
- Ghosts can now be damaged by elemental attacks.
- Added new items: Null Clay, Crystal Dust, and Bondage Stone.
- Added loot tables drops for null creatures.
- Added alternative recovery serum recipe using crystal dust.
- Reduced enchanting ability "Special Focus" wisdom gain from 150 to 80 wisdom.
- Added new Enchanting ability: "Impromptu Enchanter".
- Increased the amount of time rare items stay stocked in blacksmith and archery shops.
- Updated art for torch stands.
- Added null bungler creature. Null factories now spawn bunglers instead of flyers.
- Reduced the amount of skill experience gained for enchanting or dechanting items.
- Added descriptions and levels to bandits, gremlins and several other monsters where one was missing.
- Slight buff to Null Champion damage and health.
- Fixed toggled abilities staying stuck on after saving and loading a game.
- Fixed Vine Snakes sometimes stepping back from attackers, which was not intended for these creatures.
- Fixed item reloaded icon not refreshing after firing crossbow.
- Fixed stacks of potions when identified reducing to a single potion.
- Fixed null champion able to be damaged by floor conduits.
- Fixed recipe item icons misaligned.
- Fixed enchanting or dechanting items not rewarding experience.
July 2, 2022
Patch Notes - v0.4.2b
Fixed game crash when using bandages.