June 27, 2022
Patch Notes - v0.4.1
Today's patch introduces enchantments and enchanted items, the associated enchanting skill, new high-level temple
dungeons, and good thingies. Seriously, it's quite a lot!
Enchanted items can now be found throughout the world.
- Added 56 types of enchantments which fall into two tiers: Standard and Ancient.
- Each enchantment type can come in different potencies: low, medium, or high, with higher potency
enchantments having a stronger effect.
- Chests and other loot containers found in dungeons now have a chance to contain enchanted items.
- Blacksmith, General, Variety, Clothier, and Archery shops now all have a chance to sell enchanted gear.
Enchanting is a new skill that allows you to place enchantments on your weapons and armor.
- Use an enchanting table to select an item, enchantment type, and potency. Applying an enchantment will
require Enchanting Crystals along with at least 1 other item.
- Enchantments can be learned by dechanting items, or by buying enchanting scrolls.
- Like other skills, Enchanting can be selected during character creation at the start of the game.
- All Druid villages now spawn with an enchanting shop. Speak to the enchanter NPC to buy enchantment
scrolls or learn more.
- Click "Enchantments" in the crafting menu at any time to see your currently known enchantments.
- The skill includes 11 different abilities that can be unlocked with focus points.
The world now spawns with 20+ high-level temple dungeons. These dungeons are a great source for enchanting
crystals, but beware the danger.
Several floors down you'll find factory floors, which are wide open and crawling with enemies.
You'll find new enemies, machinery, and special types of interactions, including an alarm system which sends
hunters out in response to machinery being attacked.
- New enemies: null flyer, null champion, and null hunter.
- New temple machines: Factory, Conduit, Beacon, Spawner, Charged Tile, Crystal Source, Essence Batter.
- ...more changes. Explore the Temples to see for yourself!
Paper Doll Inventory
The inventory UI has been updated to display equipped items as a paper doll. Status icons now appear below
If you look closely at the above inventory image you'll see 3 new gear slots: 2 rings, and 1 necklace.
10 ring and necklace items have been added, which can be found as loot and in shops, and they can be
enchanted to make your character even stronger.
Introducing ammo types. Bolts and arrows must now be equipped before use, allowing you to select the desired
type of ammo.
There are 5 arrow types, and 5 bolt types each offering different bonuses. New ammo types can be found in
dungeons and are also sold from shops.
The text log now shows combat details including damage dealt, damage received, and applied status
Items can now be added to the ability bar. Simply right-click any usable item and select "Add to Hotbar".
- Reduced load time of game files (images, sounds, etc.) by caching data into larger combined files. On
some systems this results in over 50% faster game start up and load time.
- Added credits to the main menu.
- Cripple wound now also gives cripple resist (similar to how Poison works now). This will help make
cripple more fair by reducing the chance many cripple wounds will be applied.
- Shops now have their inventory sorted by type.
- Dealing damage to non-creature entities such as Gremlin Houses or Bandit Tents now gives only half XP as
that of damaging monsters.
- Nerfed Sprite Sentinel - reduced health and attack speed.
- Reduced the number of roads that spawn broken (with segments missing).
- Updated art for roads, to give a more curved look and less pointy.
- When enemies are hunting a target and reach the last seen tile, they will no longer stand still for many
turns, but instead immediately continue moving after 1 turn.
- Multistrike nerf - on-hit effects now scale with Multistrike chance. For example, if you have 80% Poison
Chance and 10% Multistrike, secondary targets hit with Multistrike will only have an 8% chance to be
poisoned, instead of the full 80% (80% * 10% = 8%).
- Meticulous Retrieval nerf - reduced Ammo Recovery from 30% to 20%.
- Fayde Ghosts can now be damage using fire damage.
- Fayde Ghosts now drop Spectral Remains.
- Spectral Remains can now be used as an alternative ingredient to Rejuvinating Elixer.
- Add new ancient enchantment: "Curse Immunity" which prevents all curses.
- Reduce the potion identification cost from 60 to 30 gold.
- Tweaked enchantment price calculation to add a base cost increase for enchantment types. This is for the case where low level items had powerful enchantments were too cheap a price.
June 29, 2022
Patch Notes - v0.4.1b
- Fixed game crash when combat log is enabled and using an ability with two attacks and monster dies on the first hit.
- Fixed inventory sorting not taking into account enchantment names.