December 17, 2021
Patch Notes - v0.3.2
This update introduces a new ability unlocking system, allowing the player to spend "Focus Points" to purchase
abilities, passives, and new recipes. Along with this overhaul we've added dozens of new melee combat abilities
and passive effects.
That's not all! Also included is the first school of magic: Nature Magic, along with a new Druid character
background which can be selected to start the game to get a head start with magic.
All Weapon Masteries, Non-combat skills, and Magic skills now track Focus Points, which are used to purchase
- Focus Points are gained whenever a Weapon Mastery, Non-combat skill, or Magic skill is levelled.
- Hovering the mouse over an upgrade will display it's cost and required level. Left-click to open the buy
window, right-click to instant buy.
Included are multiple new abilities for every weapon type and many new passives, offering a variety of
build choices. Several of these abilities introduce new stats, such as deflection and counterstrike,
along with new types of ability targeting such as: lunge, skewer, and ranged AOE.
Recipes must now be discovered and unlocked. When a new recipe is found, click it to add it to your
recipe book. Once added to your recipe book, Focus Points can be spent to learn the recipe permanently.
These changes are in response to recent feedback (thank you so much to our early access players), and also
because we wanted to do something special with magic. And if magic will have unlocks, why not
But to make this change more abilities were needed in order for the player to have enough decisions and
upgrades to buy. We're quite happy with the number of options now available, though we do have plans for
Nature magic Provides access to summoning, healing, and more for a total of 9 new spells.
This also means we now have summoning! Summoned creatures fight along side the player. They wander on their
own, but will attempt to head back to the player's position if they are too far away.
We've decided to release Nature Magic separately from it's associated guild. This allows us to start
balancing in response to feedback earlier rather than later.
Apart from the guild there's one more piece of our magic system to come, which we will reveal at a later
date. That said, Nature Magic is quite fleshed out, and we're excited to have players jump in and give it a
This new character background starts with Nature Magic as a major skill, and increased maximum energy,
allowing you to cast all the more spells.
Tripled the duration of all foods, but reduced their healing per turn by 1/3.
- Other bonuses provided by food including energy regen have been reduced 20%-30% per turn. Overall food
will now give more energy, but at a slower rate.
Previously eating was a constant activity. With this change we're hoping to: reduce the repetitiveness of
constantly eating, make health as a resource more meaningful across time, and allow player decisions about
what food to eat to have more impact.
Books & Reading
- Added 6 new lore books covering a variety of lore.
- Rebalanced book XP reward rates.
- Rebalanced book identify and read requirements to spread them out more.
- Pressing escape now closes the left side pane.
- Pressing escape now closes the ability picker.
- When a weapon or non-combat skill is selected it is now saved with the window; for example, if you had
the Cooking skill selected it will reselect when the window is opened again.
- Fixed UI rendering bug, causing side panels to take much longer to draw. This change significantly
- Fixed able to escape out of level up window by clicking, potentially losing wisdom points.
December 18, 2021
Patch Notes - v0.3.2b
- Fixed tile remaining blocked after summoned wolves have unsummoned.
- Fixed Forest Druid passive "Outdoorsman" not applying the bonus.
- Fixed incorrect icon displayed for Entangled status effect.
- Fixed summoned creatures preventing player from using stairs.
- Fixed plant sprouts taking multiple turns in a row when no enemies are near, causing them to unsummoned
earlier than expected.
- Increased cooldown of "Summon Wolves" spell from 15 to 20.
- Summoned Wolves are now immune to Bramble Bush damage and status effects.
- Fixed animation not appearing when using the "Renew" Nature Magic spell.
December 25, 2021
Patch Notes - v0.3.2c
Santa brought bug fixes and balance changes, just in time for Christmas.
- Rebalanced loot chests (standard and gold rare chests):
- Added several missing items; rebalanced loot overall to have more variety; gold chests now have
slightly more value; this change also fixes chests sometimes appearing empty.
- Rebalanced Blades, Bludgeons, and Blacksmith shop inventory.
- Fixed unable to sell some weapons to these shopkeeper despite having the correct type.
- Reduced the chance of recipes appearing in crates in kitchen cupboards.
- Increased cost of Bravery passive from 2 to 3 focus points.
- Reduced XP gain from casting Call to Nature, Summon Brambles, Summon Wolf, and Toxic Plume.
- Hit splashes are now also shown even if behind a wall.
- Show as overhead text when a wound or any other on-hit effect is resisted. Add option to enable or
- Player is no longer rewarded XP for dealing damage to their own minions.
- Cities, Towns, Hamlets, and Major dungeons can no longer spawn on mountainous terrain.
- Change splint recipe to require 2 wood.
- Reduce energy bonuses gained by staff passive ability Leisurely Gait.
- Added sound to Triple Knock ability.
- Special thanks to Juki for the new Christmas-themed main menu background!
- Fixed monsters meant to spawn with random distribution spawning on one room, ie. the room full of rats.
Interestingly enough, this was caused by poor random number generation (which has been fixed in all
places it was used).
- Fixed salvaging a broken/worn item salvaging a unbroken version of that item instead.
- Fixed Forest Druid passive Outdoorsman still not correctly applying the bonus.
- Fixed overhead text (text that floats over the player's or an entity's head) sometimes not appearing
correctly or disappearing behind walls.
- Fixed ability icons appearing disabled despite player having enough energy.
- Fixed map generation in some cases placing multiple doors on top of each other.
- Fixed multistrike damage not rewarding experience.
- Fixed weapon XP bars not refreshing when XP is gained.
- Fixed castle dungeons sometimes spawning on top of cave dungeons.
- Fixed Umski recipe scroll not adding the recipe.
- Fixed unable to spawn plants or animals on top of blood, bones, or loot bags on the ground.
- Fixed item tooltip stacking stuck open when looting the last item in a list and immediately closing the
- Fixed tooltips remaining open after escaping a dungeon and entering the overworld.
- Fixed player in some cases gaining health or energy on game load.
- Fixed Crimson Guard crossbow ability show a blank status effect icon.
- Fixed player continuing to follow path despite dying.
- Fixed player in some cases able to enter overworld location with 0 health.
- Fixed warning message reporting null as a source ("Cannot move while null") when player attempts to
perform an invalid action.
December 25, 2021
Patch Notes - v0.3.2d
- Fixed game freeze due to despawned entities not removing correctly
December 26, 2021
Patch Notes - v0.3.2e
Fixed cave dungeons not spawning correctly.
December 29, 2021
Patch Notes - v0.3.2f
Fixed game crash when caused by entities moving outside of map bounds.