December 3, 2021
Patch Notes - v0.3.1
This update focuses on quality of life changes and is intended to address some of the more frustrating or unfair
aspects of the game. Also included are balance changes, multi-hotbar support, improvements to AI behavior, and a
number of bug fixes.
Finally! Support for up to 5 hotbars, with the option to auto-swap on loadout
- Added up/down arrows to HUD, which can be used to swap active hotbar.
- Added keybind options to quickly move through hotbars (default is "Z" and "X").
- Added "Auto Swap" option, which automatically swaps bars when loadout is changed.
- Renamed "Ability Bar" to "Hotbar"; standardized wording across all UI pages.
We've heard your feedback. Traps can be frustrating. We've reduced their quantity and
impactfulness and also added new tools to avoid or mitigate their effects.
- Added +2 trap detection to lantern, and +1 trap detection to torches.
- Added new "True Sight Potion" and recipe. True Sight Potion gives enhanced trap detection, vision, and
light for 80 turns.
- Reduced the number of traps across all dungeons by 10-15%.
- Tweaked Survival skill description to specifically mention it helps to deal with traps.
- Renamed trait "Trap Detection" to "Liminal Senses".
While not wanting to reduce the threat of wounds entirely, these changes should help reduce how punishing
they can be to melee characters early game.
- Added a small amount of Bleed Resist to Crude Plate Gauntlets, Ragged Plate Boots, Soldier Gauntlets,
and Soldier Breastplate (also removed the -max energy from Ragged Plate Boots).
- Reduced bleed chance of Gremlin Grunt from 7% to 5%.
- Reduced chance of being crippled by a bear trap by from 60% total to 48% (20% reduction).
These new AI behaviors and tweaks should add variety and difficulty to combating enemies.
At higher speeds spell effects were nearly hidden. These changes should support faster play without losing
clarity, while also increasing options for players who want to go especially fast.
- "Game speed" setting now speeds up everything except spell animations.
- Added new setting - "Animation Speed" which increases speed of spell animations.
- Added slight 70ms delay in between turns of enemies chasing the player.
- Added new setting - "Disable turn delay" to disable the above delay.
- Significantly sped up most spell animations to give a consistent, quick feel.
- Animated map features such as the cooking station are no longer effected by game speed.
- Turns renaming is now shown in the corner of active status effects.
- Added a confirmation popup on game exit to prevent accidentally exiting the game.
- Added new setting to disable tutorial pop-ups.
- Added missing keybind setting for 10th ability.
- Ability picker window now closes when escape is pressed without also opening the menu.
- Load Game Window - supports double-click to load.
- Tweaked button size, scrollbar widths, and layouts across various UI pages.
- Renamed "Start Game" menu button to "New Game".
- Increased starting carry weight by 20.
This will not be the last word on inventory size! We've added this change as a temporary measure
until backpacks and other weight mitigation options are implemented.
- Over-Encumbered status now triggers at +20 weight (previously +60 weight).
- Buffed durability of all weapons by 50%.
- Buffed ammo recovery rate for Bow or Crossbow shots; missed shots now have the same chance to drop ammo.
- All quests now reward Wisdom on top of their regular item rewards.
Drastically reduced sale price of all books, and halved the sell value of recipe items.
Books were one of the most valuable objects for all players and gave a huge advantage when collected
and sold early. This change should help incentivize readers to pick them up without giving players
too much gold.
- Updated skill descriptions to more accurately describe what each skill offers. Added "Passive Bonus"
subtitle in skill tooltips to clarify the difference between the main effects of the skill and the
scaling passive bonus.
- Increased gold dropped from Gremlin Flingers and Gremlin Grunts.
- Extend the duration for several quests, especially Weapon Experiment which has its final two stages
- Changed berry bushes to have 100% gather success rate and reward 1-2 berries.
- Eating a berry now discovers the Survival skill.
- Added new hotkey, "c" to open or close adjacent doors.
- A text message will now display when gear becomes worn, broken, or damaged.
- Set Dragon Bladestaff attack speed to its originally intended speed of 110 (was 90).
- Updated Butcher shop sign to be more readable.
- Gremlin Huts - reduced the chance to spawn a Gremlin Flinger, reduced the maximum health, added a chance
to drop loot, increased the rate at which enemies are spawned.
- Increased Moreld Rothk's health (from 200 to 250) and increased dodge chance (from 15% to 25%), aliong
with slight buff to other stats.
- Increased Bandit Chieftain's health (from 160 to 180), Physical Resistance (+20% on top of armor), Bleed
Resistance (+30%), and Crit Resist (+25%).
- Added Lump of Coal as possible required item for Weapon Experiment quest.
- Added new item "Tar" as a possible gather requirement for "Weapon Experiment" Quest.
- Increased amount of cooking ingredients and food available at shops.
- Increased chance for food to be found in barrels.
- Ascension Fragments can no longer be dropped, or stolen (if left on the ground).
- Removed bonus bleed chance from Debilitating Slash.
- Reduce shop gold amounts by 25-50%.
- Fixed inventory not refreshing after delivering a quest item.
- Fixed inventory not refreshing after bolstering an item (again).
- Fixed abilities being removed from hotbar or resetting position on zone change or game load.
- Fixed unbreakable items such as torches able to break when dropped by bandits.
- Fixed Feverfew Ale taking 100 time to consume instead of the intended instant use time.
- Further fixes to keep side windows from resetting when player changes zones (previous fix did not work
in all cases).
- Fixed possibility of item duping in case where displayed inventory is out of sync with actual inventory.
Attempting to equip, drop, or consume an item not in the players inventory will now return a message.
- Fixed player able to enter a location twice at once by pressing the shortcut key quickly, often causing
a game crash.
- Fixed quest "Advertising Assistance" showing wrong dialogue responses when delivering rare cabbages.
- Fixed quest "Advertising Assistance" allowing player to continue delivering even after the required
number has been delivered.
- Camera panning is now disabled while a window is open, preventing key inputs to the UI window
December 3, 2021
- Fixed load game window not displaying errors.
December 3, 2021
- Fixed monsters able to travel through doors when loading a game and blood/bones or other map object is
on the same tile.
- Gave spider nests 100% bleed and poison resist.