July 23, 2021
Patch Notes - v0.2.8
Ghoulish monsters that feast on fallen blood!
New creatures have been added to many of the more difficult dungeons which utilize a completely new set of
mechanics and AI logic. Beware of lingering around any battlefield for too long...
New Dungeon Type - Caves
- Mountainous regions have been added to the overworld map with occasional cave entrances.
- Differing light levels will now affect vision range, and caves are very dark indeed (don't forget to
bring a torch!)
- Reintroduced powerful living rock monsters into cave systems.
- Gather mushrooms and other rare alchemy ingredients.
- Medium armors have been added to the game and balanced for all 3 tier levels.
- Brigandine has been moved to medium armor subtype and a new T3 Light chest armor has been added.
- "Bright" set introduced which provides enhanced energy management, in contrast to the "Shadow" set which
provides direct combat stats (namely dodge).
- Added a Plague Doctor's coat to go along with the mask.
- Ravager's head loot item with high value.
- New store furniture introduced: Stocking shelves (empty for now) and merchant counters with shop
- An Inn has been added: A building which allows the player to sleep for free (further improvements on
this to come).
Ranged Combat "Rebalance" (Read: Nerf)
- All ranged weapons have 30% reduced accuracy from previous values.
- Arbalism ability "Rapid Reload" now only reduces reload speed by 25% (from 50%).
- Archery passive "On the Hunt" has been changed from giving a crit resist debuff to simply increasing
damage received (this was changed after some inconsistencies were found with the crit resistance
- Archery ability "Triple Nock" now applies a significant movement speed debuff to all targets and no
longer suffers additional accuracy penalties, but now has a -15% damage modifier.
- Archery ability "Power Draw" now reduces ammo recovery chance while active (-15%).
- Ranged ability "Between the Eyes" has a reduced stun chance (50% from 75%) and now takes longer to
perform (+50% attack time).
Other Fixes and Changes
- Character name and class are now displayed in the Quest panel.
- Enemy encounters no longer occur in a room with stairs. (With the exception of spider nests... for now)
- 3 new rooms have been added to Moreld's tower (2 unique, 1 recurring)
- Critical hit calculation and resistance has been changed to work like all other debuff checks.
- The aggro system determining when monsters will become hostile has been updated; some monsters will
remain neutral unless provoked.
- In-game time now displays as hour 1 to 24 instead of hour 0 to 23.
- Fixed empty stack of gold appearing in player inventory after trading with shopkeeper.
- Fixed monsters able to spawn on top of furniture or other map features (or each other). Same goes with
- Fixed unexplored areas of the map rendering with the wrong color in some dungeons.
July 25, 2021
Fixed saved game failing to load if a toggled ability is enabled.
Fixed player not spawning in town center when entering towns.
Fixed furniture blocking entrances to shops.
Fixed general stores no spawning in town.
Fixed error generating forest biomes.