June 19, 2021
Patch Notes - v0.2.6b
This is a hotfix patch to correct issues in the latest update.
- Fixed towns failing to generate in some cases..
June 18, 2021
Patch Notes - v0.2.6
Overworld - Towns, Shops and Biomes
- Towns are now enterable tiles with actual shop buildings, each containing a shopkeeper NPC to run the store.
- Currently there are 17 types of shops with different inventories and interiors.
Forests and plains are now separate biomes with different looks, enemies, and harvestable plants.
- Added water features to explorable regions.
- New plant/ingredient: Lillyweed, included in several alchemy recipes.
- New item - Disappearing Potion.
- Tweaked how items are cleared from maps to be less punishing to players dropping many items at once. Large stacks of
dropped loot will now be slowly reduced instead of the entire stack disappearing at once.
- Reduced distance check from 25 to 12 when escaping from outside maps. This should make escaping from
forests significantly easier.
- Sped up animation for the ability "the beatdown". This was done to help improve game speed
without requiring the gamespeed multiplier option.
- The time it takes for the player to become hungry has been increased by 100 turns. Hunger rate is no longer
halved when moving in the overworld.
- Wild Dogs have been buffed including increased movement, attack speed, and dodge chance; however their
damage has been reduced.
- Tweaked game win and game over screens and added a button to return to the main menu.
- New icons for Stipticus mushrooms.
- Added blank parchment and quill and inkpot items for future quests/interactive options.
- Fixed armor calculation making armor much stronger than intended. Protection and Physical Resistance
were additive instead of Physical Resistance being applied after Protection is applied.
- Fixed player health and energy resetting to 100 after loading game.
- Fixed bandit and gremlin boss room mobs not spawning.
- Fixed monsters spawning on traps.
- Fixed monsters spawning on top of bookshelves.
- Fixed possibility of player immediately landing on trap when entering a dungeon.
- Fixed monsters when knocked back able to stack on top of other entities.
- Fixed enemies attempting to hunt down a target when they have already seen the target die.
- Fixed game getting stuck in a state where player's turn never starts. This was due to monsters spawning
on top of each other causing them to never finish their turn. Note - we also fixed monsters spawning on
top of each other, however if it were to happen again, stacked monsters will no longer cause the game to
- Fixed sleep poison not clearing from weapon after applying, allowing players to use the poison
- Fixed asleep enemies not marking with a pink oval, as existed before the poison update.
- Fixed asleep enemies not waking up after taking more than the minimum wake up damage.
- Fixed inventory appearing blank after loading into a dungeon.
- Fixed dungeons simulating as if time had passed when loading into save game.
- Fixed field of view not refreshing immediately when modified. This fixes equipping a bucket helmet or
entering Mortar Stance causing random tiles to enter fog-of-war until the start of next turn.
- Fixed player spawning into dungeon inside a random room instead of next to the entry stairs.
- Fixed "Where is Waldemar Wallace" book not readable. Now you can find Waldemar on Every Page!
- Fixed game crashing some cases when when salvaging/crafting/recipe items.
- Fixed recipe list items remaining highlighted when player no longer has required ingredients.
- Fixed inventory in some cases not showing items when first starting the game.
- Fixed trail boots and peasant shoes not aligning on player sprite correctly.
- Fixed certain floor tiles not rendering correctly. Fixing this means cracks will now appear in dungeon
floors, and forests show variation in the grass texture.