June 4, 2021
Patch Notes - v0.2.5
Overworld - Travel and Exploration
- Explore option now available in any overworld tile other than a dungeon or town: Enters a randomly
generated map based on the biome, filled with trees, harvestable plants, and potentially enemies.
Generated exploration maps persist over the duration of a playthrough.
- Time now passes while moving in the overworld. Traversing a tile takes around 30 turns depending on the
terrain type, causing wounds and other status effects to continue as normal. This means it is now
possible to die of wounds or starvation while moving.
The speed it takes to traverse a tile is determined by the player speed. The number of turns required is
determined by terrain type.
- Hunger increases at half rate while moving in the overworld. This is the only exception, meaning all
other status effects process at normal speed.
New SKill - Reading
Bookshelves are now lootable objects which contain books, recipes and other trinkets.
Added 2 Main types of books: Lore books which grant wisdom experience and have an actual page UI with
full text, and skill books which grant skill experience but have no page UI or actual text other than a
description. Both types also grant some reading experience.
Burnt books have been added as low value filler loot, which cannot be read.
A proper reading passive, level perks, and additional lessons gained from studying books are in the
works and will be released in an upcoming patch.
- Crude Cudgel and Shivs are now be crafted. This should help in the situation the player is unable to
find a weapon.
Loot bags left behind in a dungeon will now slowly disappear as they are looted by scavengers. The
chance of a loot disappearing increased based on the time since the player has last visit.
"Repair" now appears as a HUD menu option alongside "Salvage" and "Recipes". This allows players to see
what repair costs would be, or even to perform the repair if the Quartermastery perk "Utility Mobility"
has been unlocked.
- The "Maintain Uniform" buff no longer resets when off-hand items are changed, for example shields.
- Reduce Natural Regen buff on "Maintain Uniform" buff from 4 to 2.
- Raw Meat now drops from wild dogs and rarely from rats.
- Consuming raw meat and eggs now have a chance to cause poison.
- The weight of gold has been reduced to 0.
- Fixed player unable to move after descending stairs.
- Fixed game crash when using loot all option, particularly with Alchemy shelves.
- Fixed knocked back enemies turning to facing away from the source of knockback.
- Fixed certain targeted abilities incorrectly applying player stats instead of using the ability stats
only. For example, a debuff ability should not cause an enemy to bleed, even if the player has bleed
chance. Included in this category are the abilities "Mark Prey" and "Overcome the Odds".
- Fixed lesson tooltip not applying paragraph formatting. This fixes "[p]" appearing in lesson
- Fixed Quartermastery perk "Impromptu Repairman". With this perk active players are now able to craft,
repair, and salvage all items as if they were at a workbench.
- Fixed weapon ranges using a different method of calculation than ability ranges. This fixes the scenario
where an ability like "Mark Prey" would be unable to target a enemy where a weapon with the same range
- Fixed shop error messages hidden behind player inventory.
- Fixed the "Select a target" text box hiding enemies and causing them to be untargetable.
June 6, 2021
This is a hotfix patch to correct issues in the latest update.
- Fixed sprint ability causing crash.
- Fixed error logging set to disabled. Exceptions will now log to file as in previous versions.
- Fixed wind-up ability not triggering wind-up status effect.
- Fixed loot dropped on the floor disappearing when loading a game.
- Fixed status effects and wound HUD icons not refreshing immediately when a wound or status effect is