April 23, 2021
Patch Notes - v0.2.2b
This is a hotfix patch to correct several issues in the latest update.
- Changed weight of gold to 0.
- Reduced chance of T2 offhands in weapon rack.
- Fixed sword ability "Bound to the Blade" doing the reverse of stated and slowing attacks down.
- Fixed crash using stances.
- Fixed bug where ability requirements are spammed to text log.
- Fixed using poison always shows "Poisoned" over enemies, even when it doesn't poison.
- Fixed various typos in tooltip descriptions.
April 23, 2021
Patch Notes - v0.2.2
Saving and loading games is now supported.
- Added game menu. Open while in a dungeon or on the overworld by pressing escape. Supports loading or
saving games along with standard options.
- Players must now choose a name on character creation. The name is used to differentiate save files.
- Game will autosave on entering an dungeon. Autosaves are saved as a separate file and do not overwrite
- Currently saving is allowed from anywhere. The longer term plan is to allow saving only at specific
checkpoints, such as when leveling up or using a bed.
Weapon stats have been massively rebalanced to improve variety, affecting almost every weapon in game.
Heavily increased special modifiers such as bleed chance, crit chance, and armor penetration.
- Weapon attack times now go as low as 60, all the way up to 140.
- Several maces now have a cripple chance. Watch out for mace-wielding bandits who will also have this
We wanted to provide more variety between weapon types (Daggers vs Swords), but also within the weapon types
themselves. While making these changes we did heavy number crunching to ensure newly added strengths and
weaknesses were in line.
Weapon level requirements
Advanced weapons (T2 and T3) now have a required skill level to use effectively.
- The required level is calculated by adding the players weapon skill level to their weapon mastery level
for that weapon type.
- New status effect - "Inept", which is applied when a weapon is equipped without meeting the requisite
level. The Inept penalty scales based off of the missing levels.
We added this change to discourage players from immediately switching to higher DPS
weapons without regard to their weapon skill level. We want to make leveling a specific weapon mastery or
weapon a more meaningful decision.
Food and cooking overhaul
Many more food items and recipes have been added to the game, and some raw ingredients are inedible.
- Bread is now a recipe which is made with Flour and Yeast, each having uses in other recipes as well.
Meanwhile the Toast recipe has been removed.
- Raw Meat is now available, with a high chance to poison if consumed. Raw Eggs also received a low chance
- Lowered the number of starting level 1 recipes from 3 to 2, with the recipe for cooking raw meat
autolearned at level 2. All other recipes are autolearned at higher levels, or can be learned via recipe
items found or bought ingame at relatively lower levels.
- Oil is now used in a number of cooking recipes.
- Most existing foods have had a slight rebalance in stats to match the new content.
These changes were made to reduce the ease of spamming early food items to quickly boost
cooking and wisdom levels; to encourage putting wisdom points into cooking in order to use otherwise useless
items; and to increase the number of options/increase usefulness of the cooking skill in general.
- If enough turns have passed by without eating, a "Hungry" status effect is applied to the player until
they eat again.
- If even more turns pass without eating, the "Hunger" status effect is replaced by "Starving".
We are testing out at a secondary usage for food. Hunger takes quite a few turns to apply
so the player is not forced to eat constantly, but will occur often enough to encourage planning for it. As
a secondary effect, this also buffs low-weight and low-cost foods such as berries.
Starting the turn with 0 energy applies the "Exhausted" status effect to the player.
This change is to create more interesting decisions when it comes to energy management,
and to punish zero-energy builds, since these builds do not use abilities and we want the player to use
Potion timing rework
- Consuming a potion no longer ends the turn; however a maximum of 1 potion only may be consumed per turn.
- Rogue's toxin gives +30% poison chance instead of previous 100% chance, but lasts 12-18 turns.
Until now, using a potion in combat was a hard sell, given that it would take en entire
turn. This should help increase the usefulness of potions without making them too powerful.
New UI tooltip, showing energy gain based on turn action, viewable by hovering the mouse over the energy
Darken ability icons if player does not have enough energy to use or is otherwise unavailable.
- Reduce blackness of faded background when opening loot.
- This is to reduce the feeling of screen flickering when quickly going through lootable map objects.
- Display stats "Minimum Damage" and "Maximum Damage" in tooltips as a single damage stat with a range;
ie. "Damage: 4-7".
- Empty containers can now be closed using "E", same as loot all.
- Character selection pane now displays input errors that would prevent the game from starting (no loadout
selected, or no name entered).
- Remove context option "Sell All" from non-stacking items in shop window.
- Added new art for bucket helmet.
- Bandit loot is less likely to drop based on the item price.
- Show applied poisons, bleeds, stuns, cripples, burns, and frostbites as overhead text.
- New status effect - "Over Encumbered", which replaces regular encumbrance once the player has surpassed
their max weight +60.
- Critical hits are now shown with a "!" following the value and as a larger hit splash.
- Added new item status icons: Damaged, Loaded, and Poisoned.
- Removed Gremlin Chief/Ascension fragment from first dungeon.
- Increased difficulty of hard bandit dungeon floors.
- Reduced number of loot rooms on easier dungeons.
- Decreased combat xp and wisdom gain by ~40%.
- Modified loottables to reduce food in random crates/barrels.
- Added weight to recipe items and added prices to them.
- Reduced per turn energy cost of butcher's bloodlust ability from 10 to 4.
- Added minimum hit chance of 5%. No matter what minimum hit chance for both players and monsters will
always be at least 5%.
- Fixed player sprite shoulders rendering over top of equipped chest armor.
- Fixed armor never breaking.
- Fixed selling multiple of the same item gives money for all, but only removes the first one from your
- Fixed tooltip from while in dungeon stuck on screen after moving to overworld.
- Fixed game starting up to blank gray screen instead of main menu.
- Fixed recipes and other 0 weight items having their weights reset to 1.
- Fixed after killing a creature, bones not appearing until after a delay.
- Fixed tables in pillar room in some cases blocking doorway.
- Fixed new "glorious fabrication" recipe added to recipe book every time play enters dungeon.
- Fixed ability icons still showing as toggled when toggle has been disabled due to not enough energy.
- Fixed stairs going nowhere spawning on bottom floor of dungeons.
- Fixed tiles with nothing on them in some cases becoming blocked.
- Fixed crash when player vision exceeds 14.
- Fixed failing to close door still costs turn.
- Fixed wizard's brew tooltip to match item stats.
- Fix reload ability not working correctly after game is restarted.