April 9, 2021
Patch Notes - v0.2.0
Introducing Doors of Trithius Beta version 0.2!
This week is an exciting leap in development progress, as we have massively expanded our content from a single
dungeon experience to a whole world with multiple different dungeons, a sizable world map, and even shops to buy
and sell loot!
Currently, the world map is only for traversing between dungeons and shops, with no random encounters or
outdoor adventures, but that will soon change.
Along with the world map and shops introduction is the usual flurry of bug fixes, (and probably a couple of new
bugs) gameplay improvements and tweaks, and ever more of that sweet, sweet content.
We hope you are enjoying the game so far, and a huge thank you for your patience and diligence in error
- Overworld map and world travelling now available!
- Multiple Dungeons with different difficulty levels and themes.
- Use "Escape" function while within a dungeon to instantly return to world map, only available out of
combat. The shortcut button for Escape is "b".
- Ascending the first set of stairs will also return to overworld.
- New art for map locations, with much more to come!
- "Towns" added, which are simply UI shop access panels for now.
- Currently every store is a general store, selling basic meds, food, weapons and armor while buying
nearly anything from you.
- All items now have hidden gold values and price variability. Gold values are visible in shop window (in
the future will be revealable through future using skills).
- Items are sold from shops at full value within given range, and bought from you at half price.
- Enemy Improvements:
- All bandits now choose from a list of loadouts, massively increasing bandit diversity.
- New Bandit Chieftain: powerful bandit boss carrying new "bloodtoken" loot item.
- Pants are no more! Only boots remain. Casual Fridays just got a whole lot more casual.
- So far new dungeons include: Easy Gremlin Infested Castle, Hard Gremlin Infested Castle, Easy Bandit
infested Castle, and Hard Bandit Infested Castle.
- "Easy" dungeons contain 2 small floors.
- "Hard" dungeons have 2 medium floors and a boss floor.
- Traversing stairs to a new floor is now unavailable within 4 tiles of an enemy to prevent cheesing.
- Reduced dungeon load times by tweaking hallway placement algorithms.
- Fixed monsters not being able to attack 2x2 structures (ie spider nests).
- Fixed dogs and bandits not being allied (now they are).
- Fixed ability bar misalignment issues.
- Realigned loadout texts and "continue" moved to bottom right of starting screen
- Fixed issue with different loot items of the same "type" merging into one stack of whatever the first item
- Log exception now shows on screen during game crash with link to log files.
- Fixed doors now opening correctly after leaving and re-entering a floor.
- Fixed game crashes using certain abilities.
- Fixed various typos in descriptions.
- Fixed error caching floor textures.
- Many more small bugfixes all over.