Mar 26, 2021
Patch Notes - v0.1.10
- Game settings - accessible from the main menu or by pressing escape in game.
- Settings are saved to a local config.json file and loaded automatically on startup.
- Support initial setting of windowed vs. full screen mode.
- Performance improvements:
- Pre-cache a fog-of-war state for all tiles rather than rendering a separate fog layer at runtime. This
improves render time by 20%-40% depending on how much fog is visible in the scene.
- The engine now more intelligently checks which entities should move. This reduces the number of
pathfinding and other AI calls by about 50% depending on the world size.
- Creature behavior:
- Creature AI has been completely rewritten using a new rule-based system. Please report any bugs or
- Creatures now hunt down attackers when shot from out of their vision range.
- Ranged creatures now have a chance to back up when attacked from melee range.
- Bandits and Gremlins are now enemies with each other.
- New starting loadout - Brawler!
- New enemies - the Gremlim Brute and Bandit Deadeye.
- A maximum of 5 of the same status effect can now be applied.
- If a status effect would be the 6th it instead refreshes the cooldown of the lowest cooldown matching
This change should help balance spiders or gremlim mages putting players in an near impossible situation
by stacking too many of the same effect.
- Multiple stacks of the same item will now condense into a single stack when looting containers or monster
- Added "skills all" console command which discovers every skill.
- Ammo is no longer recovered on missed attacks.
- Ranged creatures attacking other creatures will now leave behind recoverable ammo.
- Show recoverable ammo on entity debug pane.
- Game now has an icon - temporary, but better than the default Java icon.
- Fixed creatures becoming stuck in hunt state and indefinitely waiting at the last seen enemy position.
- Fixed Bandits, Gremlims, and other creatures unable to attack and destroy spider nests.
- Fixed furniture disappearing when when camera is zoomed out.
- Fixed player path markers sizing incorrectly when camera is zoomed out.
- Fixed wonky player paths - straight paths are now preferred to paths with diagonal sidesteps.
- Fixed player paths to furniture or monsters in some cases going the long way around.
- Fixed "Coup de Grace" ability not reducing cooldown on kill.
- Fixed stairs to failing to place in some cases.
- Fixed crash when pressing tab while console is open.
- Fixed crash when no argument specified for the gamespeed console command.
- Fixed ability "Tenacious" stating incorrectly stating +25% tenacity instead of the actual +20%.
- Fixed text paragraph spacing for skill descriptions.
- Fixed inventory weight showing absurd amount of decimals. Inventory weight now rounds to the nearest