December 2, 2022
Patch Notes - v0.4.7
Major changes to travel, the addition of crafting techniques, and new weapon abilities and upgrades.
Save files from v0.4.6 ARE compatible.
Travel weariness increases as you travel in the overworld. If it gets to 100%, you will pass out from
- Hunger no longer increases while travelling on the overworld.
- The rate at which weariness is gained changes based on the tile type, with mountain travelling causing
the most weariness.
- Added 5 possible random events which can occur when the player passes out from exhaustion.
- New wound "Fatigued", which will always occur when passing out from exhaustion. This wound is a new type
"Mental" and can only be cured by using a bed.
- Using a bed now shows multiple options. Rest to reduce weariness, or enter deep sleep when you're ready
to level up.
- Added new HUD to the overworld.
- Weariness is displayed in the center orb, and changes color from green to red as weariness
- Added travel mode options "Standard" and "Cautious". These can be changed at any time. Use cautious
mode to decrease the chance of random events at the cost of increased weariness and slower travel
- Ways to remove weariness:
- Elderberries - added 5% weariness reduction.
- Elderberry Wine - new item which can be bought from any inn, and reduces weariness by 15%.
- Weariness very slowly decreases if the player has recently gained wisdom (in much the same way as
- Weariness quickly reduces while spending time in a friendly town.
- Weariness is entirely removed by resting at a bed.
- Weariness Resistance:
- Weariness resistance slows the rate at which weariness is gained.
- Added +25% Weariness Resistance when travelling on roads.
- Added scaling Weariness Resistance based on the player wisdom level.
- Added new passive "Travel Fortitude" to the Travel Skill, which directly reduces weariness gain.
Travel Weariness is intended to allow for the possibility of story and risk, makes campsites and sleep more
useful, and to remove the annoyance of hunger. I'm looking forward to hear feedback!
Increased the map size by around +50%.
- Map will now spawn with more dungeons & cities.
- Factions now spawn in larger clusters of territories.
- Cities & connected towns and hamlets will spawn in hubs. These city hubs do not always connect to other
- Arallu Temple will tend to spawn closer to starting area.
The Campsite Kit is a new item which places a bed, campfire, and storage chest permanently onto the map,
offering a convenient way to reduce travel weariness or store items.
Placing a campsite adds a permanent icon on the overworld map.
- Added Campsite Kit to the General Store and Variety Store inventories.
- Added Campsite Kit recipe to the Survival skill.
- Campsites can only be placed in the wilderness - towns or dungeons are disallowed.
All melee weapon skills have been updated with new abilities, passives, and upgrades. That's right,
upgrade-able abilities are now supported!
- Added upgrades for all active abilities.
- Passives are now sorted into two categories "Basic passives" and "Unique Passives".
- Removed: Blade Precision, Honed Edges.
- New: Decisive Edge.
- Removed: Gouging Grapple, Bloody Murderer.
- New: Dagger Precision, Dagger Swiftness, Bloodletting, Heel Cut.
- Removed: Expert Swordsman, Vital Strikes.
- New: Sword Precision, Sword Swiftness, First Strike, Disarming Strikes.
- Removed: Trunk Splitter.
- New: Axe Precision, Axe Swiftness, Decapitate.
- Removed: Brute Force, Crippling Might.
- New: Bludgeon Focus, Bludgeon Specialist, Pain Bringer.
- New: Mace Precision, Mace Swiftness, Cripple Defense.
- Removed: Angular Momentum.
- New: Flail Precision, Flail Swiftness.
- New: Staff Precision, Staff Swiftness.
These changes should provide more build variety, allowing you to spec hard into a few abilities, or spread
out and create interesting combos. On average, melee weapon skills now have double the number of options to
spend your points on.
Now that upgradeable abilities is supported, in the coming updates, upgrade options will be added to all
skills with Ranged, Archery, and Arbalism to come next.
Cooking and Alchemy recipes no longer require focus points to unlock. Instead, spend your focus points to
unlock techniques, with each recipe requiring a set of techniques.
Techniques that are required to craft a recipe are shown in the recipe tooltip, and also in the recipe
- Added 11 Cooking techniques; rebalanced all Cooking recipes to use these techniques.
- Added 8 Alchemy techniques, and rebalanced all Alchemy recipes to use these techniques.
- Recipes are now immediately learned when clicked, and no longer require focus points.
- Updated recipe tooltip text to show required technique.
- Show all known recipes in the skill pane; icons are highlighted red if 1 or more required techniques are
The previous system of spending focus points to unlock Cooking/Alchemy recipes felt weird. The "Recipe
discovered" text mislead players into thinking they could now craft the item, only to click their recipe
book and wonder why it's missing.
Another consideration is that as more recipes were added to the game - a crafter would not have enough
points to unlock everything. Imagine a master chef unable to learn how to boil an egg because they lack the
This new system makes a lot of sense to us, and has been carefully balanced to add different possible paths
as Cooking and Alchemy is leveled.
Food bonuses rebalanced, and several new foods added.
- Rebalanced health & energy recovery for all foods. Tweaked special stat modifiers on special foods.
- Tweaked food drops rates, prices, and recipe ingredients.
Added 3 new foods: Peasant Pot, Vegetable Stew, and Meat Pie.
- Added 15 food item icons. All foods now have a unique icon.
These changes are to create more balanced food progression curve, and give identity to
the different item types. For example, Meat-based foods will tend to give more Health, while plant-based
recipes give high Energy Recovery.
Skill Investment is a new mechanic to help balance builds that use many skills vs. investing heavily into
only a few.
- Added tooltips to all XP bars. Hover your mouse over the XP bar to see details regarding XP, Skill Cap,
- Non-combat skills gains +1 Skill Investment for each Skill Point spent. Levelling a skill through other
means does not.
- Added a level 15 cap to all non-combat skills. SKills cannot be levelled beyond their cap, except
through focus points.
- Each Investment in a skill increase it's skill cap by +2, and XP gain rate by +10%.
- When making a new character, skill investment is gained equal to the starting level.
- As part of this change, XP gain is now possible for all skills.
- All activated abilities now provide XP to their associated skill.
- Travel - gain XP by travelling in the overworld.
- Chivalry - gain XP by using abilities.
- Survival - gain XP by making camp fires, crafting Campsite Kits, or harvesting Berries/Strawberries.
It will make more sense when you try it out in game!
When a path would take the player through a tile with a discovered trap, the path will now turn red with
traps clearly highlighted.
The formula behind the XP curve has been modified. Level 30 requires the same XP over all, but more spread
out over the levels.
Early levels were too quick, the later levels too slow. This is because wisdom gain is pretty constant once
the player survives the early game. This new curve should help fix that.
For those who want to see the math, see below! My friend with a math degree helped fine-tune (so you know
Quality of Life
- The text log window can now be clicked and dragged to any position on the screen. This position is saved
with the save file.
- Added a sound effect and text log message when a trap is avoided by the player.
- Added tooltip to player wisdom (on the player pane), which shows exact wisdom amount.
- Added tooltip to all skill XP bars. For weapon skills, show sources of bonuses XP in the tooltip.
- Entering a mountain biome tile now discovers the Travel skill.
- Reduce hunger increase rate by half when player is full health.
- All characters now start with the Jump ability.
- Doubled Cripple Chance on all bludgeon weapons.
- Reduced Weapon Category (example, Blades) xp gain by ~10%, Weapon Types (example, Swords) is unchanged.
- Slightly reduced cooking experience for multi-ingredient foods (12 -> 10 for 2 ingredients, 20 -> 18 for
- Updated Travel Skill to include upgrades for several abilities.
- Reduced weight of all arrows and bolts by 90% (from 0.1 to 0.01).
- Reduced sell price of Iron Bolts and Iron Arrows (from 1 to 0). This is because with the new weight,
arrows would have had an insanely high price-to-value ratio, making them too strong as a loot item for
- Restock quests - reduced the maximum possible amount required for most items.
- Skin Rash wound - reduced maximum health modifier to be less punishing (from -4 to -2).
- Traps avoided with "Trap Avoidance" now enter their sprung state, and will not trigger again.
- Blood Leeches will now wait some time before starting construction of a new Blood Cocoon.
- Added +50 reading experience as a reward for studying any skill book.
- Removed item "Scroll of Discovery: Travel". Travel can now be discovered by entering a mountain biome.
- Removed item "Scroll of Discovery: Athletics". Athletics can now be discovered by using the Jump
- The Ranger background now starts with a Campsite Kit, and has Survival as a major skill.
- Unleash Fury (and other stances) now trigger their post-stance effect if the player turns off the
- Smooth out differences between music volumes, more of the volume options are now in within the mid
range, with the difference becoming more extreme as volume increases.
- Map Events - made low level events easier: fewer bees in bee attack; fewer wolves in wolf attack; bear
attack cannot happen until level 7; fewer gremlins in gremlin attack.
- Map Events - rework event chance; increase event chance overall; decrease event chance after an event
recently happened, up to 40%; decrease event chance up to 25% base on player weariness (less is better).
- Fixed gremlin chief (and other creatures) in some cases not spawning.
- Fixed bonuses from arrows stacking for every equipped arrow.
- Fixed weird path selection in the overworld, where paths would not prefer roads when a valid road path
- Fixed repeat attacks causing more attacks to be written to the log than actually occurred.
- Fixed alchemy ability "Ingenious Augmentation" giving bonuses more often than intended.
- Fixed alt+tabbing causing the game to continue to register the alt key as pressed when re-activating the
window. All held keys now reset when window focus is lost/regained.
- Fixed "Unknown Entity" hits you when plants or traps deal damage. Show the plant or trap name instead.
- Fixed traps checking multiple times if they trigger, causing the "Trap Avoidance" stat to be far weaker
- Fixed unable to sleep in some NPC beds.
- Fixed Lamassu spawning on invalid tile locations.
- Fixed enchanted jewelry drops instead not being enchanted.
- Fixed Faydes cursing equipped ammo. All ammo is now immune to curses.
- Fixed weapon skills in some cases not becoming discovered after the weapon is equipped.
- Fixed wrong faction name showing in the inspection window for some dungeons.
- Fixed bleed doubling effect of "Deep Gashes" ability not working; show in log when a bleed is doubled
against an opponent.
- Fixed free 5% melee reduction being applied to all abilities, even if no melee reduction bonuses are on
- Fixed players able to salvage or sell the required item for Haunted Cave quest, causing the quest to
- Fixed multistrike not writing to combat log.
- Fixed skill and skill details windows not refreshing immediately when XP is gained; fix button weirdness
in skill pane.
December 2, 2022
Patch Notes - v0.4.7b
- Fixed tooltips in the menu options causing a crash.
- Increased the amount investment raises Skill Caps from +1 to +2.
- Reduced the amount investment bonus XP from 10% to 5%.
- Fixed the main menu animation not showing road generation.
- Fixed flipped XP rate for Weapon Skills and and Weapon Groups.
- Refund crafting focus points on game load if version is 0.4.6.
December 2, 2022
Patch Notes - v0.4.7c
- Fixed knowledge abilities not displayed in the study panel.
December 4, 2022
Patch Notes - v0.4.7d
- Fixed game failing to load due to "Feature does not exist" error.
- Added changes to how targets are selected for parry, counterstrike, and damage reflection to ensure traps
are not selected as targets (may fix some recent bugs).
- Removed "Scroll of Discovery: Travel" item from the game.
- Fixed ammo damaged when passing out from exhaustion.
- Reduced on guard ability cost from 1 focus point to 2.
- Reward 1 investment when a skill is unlocked with a skill point.
- Fixed "Call to Nature", "Cluster Volley", "Summon Brambles", "Summon Wolf" and "Toxic Plume" abilities not
appearing as unlock options in the skill pane.
- Give free investment to over-levelled skills to make save files migrated from 0.4.6 to 0.4.7 more fair. Free
investment is added until a skill level is no higher than the cap.
- Fixed bonuses from snake dice not stacking.
- Fixed concussive force giving +40% stun chance instead of +4%.
December 5, 2022
Patch Notes - v0.4.7e
- Fixed spending skill points not increasing the skill level if the skill is currently capped.
- Equipped or favorited items will no longer show in the dechanting window.
- Fixed crash when paying merchant to repair items.
- Fixed dungeons generating inaccessible chests, where the chest is on an island with no valid tile to jump
- Fixed cursed Bile Potion becoming identified, when the appropriate passive has not been unlocked.
- Fixed unidentified potions and living water not being instant use time.
- Fixed "Superb Cooking" passive description saying the wrong number of ingredients required (it's actually
- Fixed non-repairable off-hand items being damaged/broken by random events.
- Fixed Hearty Stew giving 0.08 energy regen instead of 0.8.
- Fixed position of the Text Log window - when dragged to a new position - resetting position when the player
- Fixed passive abilities displayed in the same category as active abilities for Nature Magic and other
- Fixed "Overcome the Odds" not rewarding XP on use, even when enemies are nearby.
December 7, 2022
Patch Notes - v0.4.7f
- Fixed second wind ability requiring 10 or less energy instead of the intended 20.
- Fixed skill points rewarding incorrect XP amounts.
- Fixed skill points in some cases not increasing the level, or increasing it the incorrect amount.
- Tweaked food soup/stew icons to make them look more distinct.