Nov 8, 2022
Patch Notes - v0.4.6
This update adds the Machinist faction quest, new dungeons, and... Aeternum.
This is the first faction to receive a quest line. Faction quests will lead players to unique dungeons
distinct from the normally procedurally generated types.
The Machinist faction is nearly complete. In the following updates the plan is to give a similar treatment
to each faction, adding several quests, unique dungeons, and an optional boss specific to that faction.
Note that both Aeternum and Lamassu are so large they do not fit on one tile! Pathfinding and AI behavior
has been reworked to support larger creatures.
Updated the quest window to match the new UI style.
- The quest window can now be opened with a shortcut (default is F6).
- The last selected quest now stays selected.
- Previously completed quests are now shown under a "Completed" category. Note - repeatable/dynamic quests
are not shown in this list.
- Added arrows to the overworld pointing towards off-screen quest destinations. Hover the mouse to see a
tooltip with the name of the quest.
Monsters now have a condition status to give a hint of how much health is remaining.
- Right-click any monster to see its health status.
- Healthy monsters - shows no flag.
- Badly Wounded - less than 55% health.
- Near Death - less than 10% health.
- Monster names now change color to match health status. Press ALT to quickly check status.
This change was necessary since high-level monsters now have a lot of health, and it would be unfair to the
player to not give any hint of how close their are to winning.
The ability to see monster HP may be reworked in the future as part of a Biology/Zoology/Slayer? skill,
which unlocks insight into monster status, including seeing HP.
- Enemies who can't reach their target will now wander, instead of freezing in place.
- New monster traits - "Damage Reflection", "Teleportation", and "Unbreakable".
- Reworked the main quest "Ascension", given changes and additions to the lore related to The Machinist
faction. Note - this quest is still largely temporary and serves as a placeholder until the full main
quest is finished.
Reduced line of sight distance for Gremlin Flinger, Gremlin Grunt, and Gremlin Brute.
- Null Bungler has been reworked to be more of a bruiser creature with less dodge, but more armor pen.
Extended faction alignment system; alignments can now be peaceful to specific other alignments;
peacefulness is overridden if attacked by a member of an otherwise peaceful alignment (that entity
becomes hateful towards the other faction); peacefulness can also be overridden if the faction hates
magic. On seeing an otherwise peacefully aligned entity with equipped enchanted gear, the faction who
hates magic will become aggressive towards that entity.
- Purifying Elixer - consuming this potion no longer cleanses food status effects.
- Warriors Rage ability - increased crit chance from 15% to 50%; reduced duration from 15 to 8 turns.
- Tweaked civilian dialogue to have less generic "hello" type comments.
- When the player destroys a machine, only say "The Temple is alerted to your presence!" if there is a
hunter spawn nearby and the hunter was placed.
- Renamed starter dungeon to "Ineo Temple".
- Fixed unable to sleep at inn bed.
- Fixed player able to place studied books into chests. This action is now prevented, showing an error
- Fixed wrong quest completed when speaking to an NPC, multiple quests are associated with that same NPC.
Nov 9, 2022
Patch Notes - v0.4.6c
- Fixed player pathing limited to a shorter length than intended, which was especially prevalent in towns.
Players are now able to path up to 60 tiles away.
- Fixed tooltip appearing over top of the unlock ability window.
- Fixed tooltips sometimes getting stuck on the screen after the mouse have moved away.
- Changed the displayed dungeon difficulty of Arallu temple from "?" to "5".
- Added missing status effect icon for Crimson Guard "Hampered" debuff.
- Fixed crash when hitting escape from the options menu while on the title screen.
- Fixed crash when killing Lamassu, then immediately saving and loading the game.
- Added a special thanks section to credits.
- Fixed multi-tile entities not appearing unless the top-left tile is in view. Large objects such as stairs or
large creatures will now appear in view if any part of it is visible.
- Reduced the number of turns Lamassu stays in his stone state from 12 turns to 9.
Nov 11, 2022
Patch Notes - v0.4.6d
- Fixed traps always visible.
- Fixed alchemy ability "Ingenious Augmentation" giving bonuses more often than intended.
- Fixed fixed warriors rage description not matching recent ability changes.
- Fixed reflection damage stat causing a crash when stepping on a trap.
Nov 27, 2022
Patch Notes - v0.4.6e
- Fixed crash when loading a corrupted save file. If a map zone fails to load, return the player to the overworld and regenerate the zone.