April 21, 2023
Patch Notes - v0.4.13
This update sees the addition of monster sounds, improved display scaling options, and various other changes and
Save files from v0.4.12 are compatible.
We've extended our engine to support a variety of sounds for monsters and enemy units, creating a new layer
Monsters will now produce sounds during various actions, such as being attacked, attacking, dodging, moving,
dying, starting their turn, or announcing themselves when first spotted.
- Added death sounds to all monsters.
- Added a variety of special sounds for specific enemy types. For example, spiders will make insect noises
when nearby, bears will growl, and gremlins will grunt, chatter, and laugh when you miss them! The
quantity and variety of sounds depend on the enemy type.
- Added options to mute specific monster sounds. Players can now mute "Death Sounds", "Talk Sounds",
"Defensive Sounds", and "Announce Sounds". Disabling all of these will result in a completely silent
- To accompany the death sounds, monsters now have a death animation, fading away over the course of 1
Two new scaling settings have been added: "World Scaling" and "Use OS Scaling".
"World Scaling" - adjusts the game world elements, such as tiles, creatures, and art, to improve visibility
gameplay experience on different screen sizes. This enhancement affects both zoom levels (zoomed in and
Although the pixel art was not designed for significant scaling, we understand that larger
resolutions may require this setting. Please be aware that this feature is still being refined. Changing the
setting may cause art in previously generated zones to appear misaligned. It is recommended to set this at
the start of your game.
"OS Scaling" - In a previous update, we made the game ignore the operating system scaling. As it turns out,
some users did need this option. Enabling "Use OS Scaling" allows the game to utilize your operating
system's scaling settings. This may be helpful for users with TV displays but could result in a stretched,
blurry appearance. For optimal visuals, consider using World and UI scaling instead.
We've begun adding unique icons for all armor pieces. In this update, included are 12 new icons for the Banded, Bonesplint, and Heavy T1 armor sets.
Also included are small tweaks to several sets, new helmets, and matching undershirt
colors to better differentiate the armor tiers.
- "Vengeful Defiance" ability - now stacks up to 5 times instead of being limited to a single stack; bonus
crit damage reduced from 20% to 10%.
- Clicking a monster now initiates pathfinding and automatically triggers a basic attack on the targeted
creature, as long as the player's movement isn't halted and the monster doesn't move.
Added new game option "Enable Anti-Aliasing". Turn on anti-aliasing to smooth jagged edges in the game.
This option is not recommended in most cases as it will cause blurriness. However, it is available for
users who find it helpful, and as an alternative to relying on native OS upscaling.
- Increased the amount of time it takes for a new dynamic quest to appear in a town after completing a
- Added elderberry wine to Blackwood Marauders loot chests.
- Reduced price of all leg armor by 5% (mostly to differentiate it from the similarly priced glove items).
- Reduced the average number of days for shops to restock their rare items by approximately 5 days.
- Reduced Bee map event frequency as compared to other events.
- Fixed old quests not being cleared from the job board. Dynamic quests will now automatically be removed
in 2-8 days.
- Fixed the "Master Enchanter" passive not granting new enchantments as intended.
- Fixed an issue where hamlets sometimes didn't spawn a job board.
- Fixed a bug causing the player to sometimes spawn behind stalls when entering a town.
- Fixed the issue requiring two clicks to talk to adventurers or town guards. Now, the player will
automatically talk to the NPC once the path is completed, unless the NPC moves before the path end is
- Fixed an issue where opening a silver chest in a cave would incorrectly mark the cave as complete,
instead of only marking it complete after opening the final chest on the bottom floor.
- Fixed merchants displaying the incorrect message "I'll be here for 0 more days" when they were actually
April 24, 2023
Patch Notes - v0.4.13b
- Resolved issue with quest indicators not displaying on the world map.
- Fixed game crash caused by hovering mouse cursor over ability tooltips.
- Fixed missing archer, marksman, and sharpshooter leggings in loot tables (previously unattainable).
- Fixed issue with rare armor merchant not offering Felforged armor (note: Felforged will be relocated in a future update).