April 11, 2023
Patch Notes - v0.4.12
This update is a big one! We're rolling out a massive Armor Overhaul featuring over 150 new armor items, and
introducing new gameplay elements such as Travelling Merchants, the Dreadheart skill, and the Blackwood
Also included are improvements to the world map generation, the introduction of the rare Weapon
Makers event, and various bug fixes. We hope you enjoy exploring the new features and content in this
Save files from v0.4.11 are NOT compatible.
We've added a wide range of new armor sets.
Many of the new additions draw inspiration from real medieval armors, such as Brigandine, Lamellar,
Meshweave, Scale, Chain, and Ringmail. Alongside these historically-inspired sets, we've also introduced
fantasy armors like the powerful Wyrmskin (crafted from wyrm scales), Bonesplint (forged from ogre bones),
Emberhide, Savagehide, and more.
All armor is categorized into three types: light, medium, and heavy. Within these
categories, each set boasts varying bonuses for further customization, and some sets follow a clear
Provides dodge chance, some resistance, and has no negative stats. Within this category are
standard leather sets which give the best dodge chance, a group of archer-focused gear with enhanced crit
and accuracy, and the woodsman set for energy-hungry travellers.
Medium armor typically offers good physical and wound resistance without penalties. Shown below are the
standard sets, and 4 unique sets which you'll have to find in-game.
Heavy armor provides the best protection in the game, but comes with certain drawbacks such as decreased
- Added 150+ new armor items and rebalanced existing armors.
- Introduced a new equipment slot: legs. This change allows for greater customization and
character progression. Leg armor can be enchanted or bolstered like other armors.
- Shops are now less likely to sell high-quality gear, making it more challenging to upgrade armor.
Players will need to explore the world and discover armor in various ways.
- Gloves are now visible on character sprites, adding another layer of visual customization.
- New armor can also be found through travelling merchants (see the below section) or the rare Weapon
Makers event (see the below section).
- Added new materials required to repair or bolster armor: Savage Leather, Wyrmskin, Ogre Bones, Adamant
- When an enemy is killed, the chance to drop their gear is based on the value of that gear. This math
has been reworked to account for the new armors, and for a less harsh curve overall (rare armor should
now drop slightly more often).
Note that in the current version, some armor will be harder to find and use. As we continue to build the
new sets will be further integrated as new faction gear, guild armor, or quest rewards.
Travelling merchants will set up stalls in towns and cities to sell their goods, but buy fast, they only
stick around for a few days!
- Added 6 travelling merchant types:
Food Merchant, Toxicologist, Exotic Arms Dealer, Scrap Collector, Armor Collector, and Boneworker.
- You can speak to a merchant to ask about their goods or how many days they have left in town.
- Once a merchant leaves, each day there is a chance for their previous spot to be replaced by a new
- Cities have a higher chance for merchants to appear than towns, and they will never appear in hamlets.
All new skill. Dreadheart includes 13 new abilities and passives, with over 60 wisdom points to spend.
- Dreadheart is our take on the classic Berserk playstyle and will be all about timing: getting
your health as low as possible before entering a Battle Trance.
- It's made up of passives with a few key active abilities to avoid filling your hotbar with too many
energy-hungry abilities, and so that it does not compete for space with the weapon abilities.
- The skill is available for the Mercenary only (each class eventually will have their own unique
Faction dungeons can now be defeated. This allows you to see what dungeons you've completed and remove that
pesky faction influence.
- To defeat a dungeon either kill the boss (if there is one) or loot the final chest.
- When a dungeon is defeated, a text notification is shown along with a sound.
- When a dungeon is defeated, all faction influence from the dungeon's tile on the world map is removed.
This decrease in influence will slowly spread to nearby tiles until it entirely dissipates.
- Defeated dungeons are shown as gray on the overworld map.
The Blackwood Marauders are a ragtag group of outlaws who operate as a Robin Hood-style gang and will spawn
several dungeons in a forest near where the player starts.
These guys have learned to live off the land, growing their own food and raising a pack of loyal hunting dogs
to assist them in their raids, and serve as an alternative enemy to your typical bandits.
The Weapon Makers
Added a new rare event. This group, who lives between worlds, will sometimes spawn portals to their special
weapon shops in random dungeons.
- Added a new quest titled "Confidential Matter". Speak to the mayor in a town near the Blackwood
dungeons to get started.
- The world map now generates with regions, ensuring that the player starts in a region with a minimum
number of quests and resources nearby. While regions may not be too noticeable in this version, this
groundwork sets the stage for future developments, including new factions and biomes.
- Reputation changes are now shown in the text log, for example, "Lost 10 reputation for attacking
- Added a "Town Guard Captain" to all Cities and Towns. With a high enough reputation, he may be willing
to sell you some special armor.
- Added 11 new lore books covering a variety of topics including the Machinists, the history of the
Kingdom of Aldrova, and the Leafborn faction.
- All poisons now show in the item tooltip how many turns they are effective.
- Added 2 new poisons: Crippling Venom, and Paralysis Quake Elixir.
- Reduced number of ghosts in dungeons.
- Sticks now appear in forest tiles and can be picked up to harvest wood.
- Added sound effect when a quest is started or updated.
- Reduced Gremlin Terror quest reward amount.
- Fixed font scaling issue when windows scaling is set larger than 100%.
- Fixed player hands art when holding a bow.
- Fixed sleep poison having no effect.
- Fixed quest log entries showing in the wrong order.
- Fixed the issue where you can sell the book you're studying if you have 2 of the same book.
April 14, 2023
Patch Notes - v0.4.12b
- Fixed unable to trade with Leafborn traders for newly generated villages. Note: Trading remains unavailable in previously visited Leafborn villages.
Corrected traveling merchants' purchasing behavior to only buy items relevant to their shop type, preventing them from buying all items.