March 3, 2023
Patch Notes - v0.4.11
Introducing the Reputation system. Track your standing in human settlements and unlock bonuses by increasing your
In addition, a new housing feature has been added, enabling
players to settle permanently in town. There are also improvements to haggling with shop prices, and several
bugs have been fixed.
Save files from v0.4.10 are NOT compatible.
Added a new Reputation system to the game, allowing players to track their standing in human hamlets, towns,
- Reputation is tracked independently in each settlement.
- When you first arrive in a new location, your reputation will be set to "Stranger".
- Open the reputation window from the "Quests" menu at the bottom of the screen. Click on a reputation
tier to see what bonuses are unlocked at that tier.
- Gain reputation by completing quests. All quests now reward reputation on completion.
- Lose reputation by failing quests or attacking citizens.
- Town guards now patrol the streets of human settlements, and will attack players whose reputation falls
- Added a Governor to towns and cities. Speak to a Governor to purchase a house.
- The wisdom reward amount for quests is no longer displayed on the job board. Wisdom and Reputation
amount follow a standard pattern based on the quest difficulty, but neither are displayed (why would an
adventurer write on is job note
how much wisdom you'll receive?).
Removed free places to stay previously available in each town, city, and hamlet. To settle
permanently in town, players will now need to buy a house.
- Once you reputation is "Favored" or higher, visit the Governor of the city or town to request to buy a
- Houses have 3 storage containers, and a random workbench of either (cooking, alchemy, workbench,
- Houses are not available in hamlets.
We think player houses being tied to reputation should greatly increase the value of having a storage base
in town and makes the decision of where to stay more important.
In the future we want to add purchasable house upgrades and even placeable furniture, or possibly placing
your houses in the wilderness.
Can't afford to buy a permanent house in town? No problem. Inns across the realm now offer rooms for rent,
giving you a place to rest and store your items.
- Innkeepers will now rent a room for the price of 10 gold a day, or 50 gold for a week.
- Speak to the Innkeeper again to add more days to your stay, or check how many days are remaining.
- Make sure you can pay, or you may lose access to your stored items until you can rent the room again!
- At low enough reputation, the Innkeeper will kick you out, even if you still have days left.
- Unique quests now display an icon next to their name on the job board for easier identification.
- Changed how the haggling stat affects shop prices. Worsened shop prices (e.g. -20% haggling) now
increase prices by the same percentage. Improved shop prices (e.g. +20% haggling) now reduce prices as a
percentage of the difference between the buy and sell prices. For example, if a shop sells an item for
100 gold and will pay 50 gold for it, +20% haggling will be 20% of the difference, reducing the price to
90 gold. At +100% haggling, the price becomes 50 gold.
- Reduced the price of Elderberry Wine from 105 to 60 gold.
- The faction formerly known as "The Keepers" has been renamed to "Leafborn".
- Changed the default hotkey for toggling names to "Tab" from "Alt".
- Changed the hotkey for accessing the Quest menu to "J" from "F7".
Added 9 new item icons covering Medicine supplies and our first key.
- Fixed UI scaling issues on the character side-pane window.
- Fixed a bug with the "Gremlin Terror" quest, which previously made it unbeatable if the Gremlin Chief
was killed before starting the quest.
- Fixed farmer wander behavior, where they would wander off their farms to the edges of the map.
- Fixed player weight displayed in storage and trade windows not taking into account weight reduction
- Fixed Infused Darklings being attracted to your magic items even when out of view distance.
- Fixed creatures that should prevent escape from doing so and vice versa, including sprites, green
spiders, friendly goats, farm turkeys, friendly turkeys, bloodleeches, vine snakes, and dwelling snakes.
March 11, 2023
Patch Notes - v0.4.11b
- Fixed towns and cities spawning with a second player house.
- Fixed issue with teleport traps, where player would teleport back to previous location.
- Fixed exception when enemies stepping on bear traps.
- Fixed Vile Gremlin fleeing behavior. Vile Gremlins will now flee directly away from the nearest enemy,
instead of wandering in the area.
- Fixed Town Guards being classified as named NPCs, instead of the intended name "Town Guard".
- Enchanting - fixed alternate items appearing in disenchant list.
- Enchanting - fixed able to learn the same enchantment more than once.
- Enchanting - fixed known enchantment scrolls not showing the "previously read" green checkmark.
- Enchanting - fixed when you learn an enchantment through disenchanting, it doesn't count as "read" from
scroll of that enchantment.
- Enchanting - fixed "Crystal conservation" passive not considered when checking if player has enough
crystals to enchant an item.
- Enchanting - fixed "Crystal conservation" not updating the displayed required crystals.
- Fixed unarmed ability "Defensive Blows" shield not reducing damage as expected.
- Fixed archery ability "Hit Weaving" not applying the status effect.
- Fixed nature abilities "Calming Touch" and "Nature's Grasp" requiring ammo if cast while holding a
- Fixed toggle abilities, such as "On Guard" granting XP while travelling in the overworld.
- Fixed shield amount not refreshing when out of combat, despite shields being reduced by 1 each turn.
- Fixed arbalism ability "Targeted Destruction" giving the 3rd proc a turn early after the first.
- Fixed weapon toggle ability exploit where player could activate a toggle ability, switch to an invalid
weapon for that toggle, and the toggle would stay active.
- Reading - fixed "Master Scholar" passive allowing player to study the same book twice. Books will now
appear a maximum of once in the study list.
- UI - fixed issue with text wrapping, where tooltips, books text, ability descriptions, or other
multi-line text would
sometimes not wrap correctly to a new line.
- UI - fixed scaling bugs: ability tooltips, item tooltips, dream selection, recipe requirement, and
discovered skills tooltip.
- UI - fixed scroll-bar issue, where when categories were collapses or expanded, the scrollbar would jump
of bounds and/or scrollable content would not align correctly.
- UI - fixed tooltip title spacing which would in some cases go out of bounds.
- UI - fixed when talking to an NPC wound icons are still displayed, despite the hotbar being hidden.
- Text log - fixed counter strike damage not showing in log.
- Text log - improve clarity for for strikes, parries, and deflected attacks, combining the text into a
single line "Gremlin attacks, you counter dealing 7".
- Updated recipe tooltips to display the output amount of recipes that produce more than 1 of an item, for
example the bread recipe tooltip shows "Produces 2x Bread".
- Items marked as favorite are now hidden from trade windows.
- Reading window - books currently being studied are now highlighted orange.
March 13, 2023
Patch Notes - v0.4.11c
- Fixed issue with pathing, where selected object such as doors or chests, would not be used when player
completes their path.